Tuesday, February 26, 2008

About the Posters

Christy: My favorite cuisines are Tex-Mex and Italian, but I love cooking other cuisines as well. Let me take that back. My favorite cuisines are Tex-Mex, Italian and BBQ, but I leave it up to my husband to do the BBQing. I'm not much of an adventurous eater and would have to politely pass on many of the dishes served up on Iron Chef America (sweetbreads? no thanks), but I think I cook a nice variety of foods. I use approximations in a lot of my recipe posts because I typically don't measure what I'm tossing in the dishes (sorry bakers!). I'm especially generous with cumin, my favorite spice, so watch out for that one. Hope y'all enjoy!

Lyndsay: I am quite the opposite of Christy. I have to follow a recipe to the T. I'm not good at guessing how much a teaspoon of salt is so I'd rather pull out measuring spoons. Guess that makes me a good baker. I find comfort in baking. I love the way the house smells when a loaf of bread is in the oven. And I love putting my cakes in a cake stand on the kitchen table, although Spence ate the last cake I had on the table so I guess I won't be doing that anymore.

Kristy: I think I must be the adventurous eater in the group. I love all types of food, and I'll try anything at least once. My list of weird foods I've eaten includes haggis, smoked reindeer heart, and octopus puff balls. Nevertheless, I keep it more simple in the kitchen. I like weeknight meals to be fast and easy, and I experiment on the weekends. I use the grill pan a lot, and I love the oven because roasting requires no supervision. I'd say that my cooking has a California influence from my years there, but I'm equally comfortable with fancy broiled salmon and my mom's chicken casserole.