Sometimes I can't be bothered to cook a real dinner from scratch. Tonight was one of those nights. We had an Indian feast, but I could hardly call it cooking. I bought samosas from the grocery store, tikka masala sauce in a jar, and fresh naan bread. Oh, I made rice. And the other thing I made was this delicious cauliflower. It isn't Indian by any stretch, but it went well with the meal with a small adaptation. I've made it the original way as well. Cauliflower is cheap, in season, healthy, and delicious. You can't go wrong. Here's my version of the original recipe, posted by Shellery on Allrecipes.com.
2-3 cloves minced garlic
olive oil
1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
grated Parmesan cheese to taste
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the garlic and cauliflower into a large resealable bag. Add enough olive oil to coat the cauliflower lightly.
Bake in casserole dish or roasting pan for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Preheat the broiler. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley and broil for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
*To serve with Indian food, just leave out the Parmesan and parsley. No need to broil.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment